Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Socktoberfest questions

  • When did you start making socks? Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?
I made a pair of socks last fall, pretty soon after I took up knitting. I used a tutorial I found on the web. If I can find it, I'll post a link.
  • What was your first pair? How have they "held up" over time?
They're worsted weight acrylic, so all they've done is pill up a bit with plasic fuzzies.
  • What would you have done differently?
I would have knitted them with sock yarn.
  • What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?
Wildfoote from Brown Sheep.
  • Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?
You can crochet socks? I like to knit on whatever I have the right sized needle of.
  • Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)
Depends on what I feel like.
  • How many pairs have you made?
I only have finished two pairs. One is very close to completion, but I got off the pattern somewhere in the foot and I've been too lazy to fix it. And I've knitted a pair of baby booties.

No comments: