Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Sweater Number Two


Modified Buttony Sweater, originally uploaded by Fletch Knits.

This is my second sweater in my nearly two years of knitting. I'm excited about this one because I'm knitting it with my handspun! It's a modified Buttony Sweater. I'm making it into a pullover, rather than a cardigan. I joined it into the round by taking the six stitches from each of the button bands and putting them on the needle one stitch from the left, one from the right, etc., until all twelve stitches were staggered. Then I just knit two together six times and then I finished working in the round. I'm to the point of putting the sleeve stitches onto holders and working the body. I want to do some waist shaping, but that will involve math. Wish me luck.




Handspun, originally uploaded by Fletch Knits.

No comments: