Friday, August 15, 2008

Home for the last time.

I’m back from vacation. Again. I meant to get this post up before I left for England, but that didn’t happen. So, here we are. A list of my current projects, as promised.

I’ve been spinning this Interlacements braid. I’m working toward a three-ply. I divided the braid into three parts, and now I’m just spinning the singles as lace weight-ish. I hope that the three-ply will turn out to be a d.k. weight. I really love the colors. The only problem is, the gray dye comes off on my hands when I get to that color. It’s no big deal, just annoying.

What I've been spinning, originally uploaded by Wileycomma.


This is the cap shawl from Victorian Lace Today. I really like Emily’s cap shawl(rav link). Mine won’t end up being blue ribbon winning like hers, nor knit out of hand spun, but it will be a nice long term project.

Cap Shawl Beginnings, originally uploaded by Wileycomma.


I’m kind of cheating with these socks. I’ve never seen the pattern, just the finished objects on Ravelry, so I’m guestimating. The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn. I have three skeins of it, none of which have a colorway.

Gentleman's Fancy Socks, originally uploaded by Wileycomma.


This scarf is my pride and joy. It’s based off of Through The Loops’ Bi-Color Scarf. I had some Knitting Notions Superwash sock yarn in Green Apple and I knew I didn’t really want to use it for socks, so I improvised to use it with some coppery-red-brown sock yarn to make this scarf.

Bi-Color Scarf, originally uploaded by Wileycomma.


When my mom and I stopped in at The Yarn Garden in Charlotte, she bought me all sorts of yarn because it was a mother-daughter trip to visit Michigan Tech and she pick out this yarn. When I started knitting, I knitted one red pomatomus and she wanted it. Go figure, I never knit the second one. So, hopefully, by the time I come home from college, I’ll have a pair of socks for her.

Mom's Pomatomus, originally uploaded by Wileycomma.


These sweetheart socks from an Interweave magazine, I think the Holiday 2007 issue. I took these with me on one of my vacations and broke one of the needles. It’s not too much of a big deal because I only need four of the five to knit them. I love Trekking Pro Natura yarn. The bamboo in it gives it a nice shine and color.

Sweetheart Socks, originally uploaded by Wileycomma.


Finally, my Print ‘o the Wave. I’m half way finished with the edging now. Maybe I can finish it before I leave for school. Probably not.

POTW Progress, originally uploaded by Wileycomma.


Tomorrow, I’m going to the Michigan Fiber Fest with Shannon and Emily. My last hurrah. For a while, anyway. I’m glad I’m home so I can go hang out with my peeps from ZPDK.

No comments: