Thursday, June 22, 2006

Bad Blogger

I really miss my camera. And not having a digital camera makes for a pictureless blog. I hate that. Hence my not posting.

Over the past few weeks, my finches have had two eggs hatch, I bought Mason-Dixon Knittng and Knitting Rules! from Barnes and Noble, Dooce.com rocks, I've started my second year of golf lessons, and school has been out since the seventh. I'm a Junior!

And tomorrow. Oh, tomorrow. I will be on a charter bus on my way to the Grand Teton Mts. To hike. For 7 days. It is going to be a blast. I hope I don't fall up a cliff.

Knitting: (I wish I had pictures!) Marseilles is slow going due to another project. I've only added three repeats to the back and none to the sleeve that I have started. Annie's second sock is still stuck on the gusset decreases. I dyed some Knitpicks yarn and I used orange and lemon (Oh crap, finch has escaped!) Crisis averted. My fault. I left the main door open a smidge. You wouldn't think that a teeny-tiny bird could push open a door, but they can. Anyway. Back to the yarn. I dyed it with orange and lemon-lime. I put two-thirds in the orange and the rest in the the green. It's really pretty. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it though. And my distraction project. Icarus. It's a shawl from InterweaveKnits Summer '06. You'd think that a 15 year old would just want to knit mittens and scarves, but I digress. I love lace. Lace is awesome. And I hear that blocking makes it even greater. I can't wait.

I hope that I don't get blisters while hiking! Happy knitting!

No comments: